Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fartsmell bites Lewang! I knew it!!


Wow, 4 games into the season and my hatred of all things Flyer is already at playoff level! Lost in the moment because of Fartsmells unbelievably cheap act, is the cheap shot Richards took at Fleury. Yo Adrian, the Crosby sucks chant is SO LAME, it is not funny........ Sure made SHHHHHHHHH, extra sweet, no? Anyway, we are only four games in, but some players have really caught my eye:

Jordan Staal-did I really say that paying him 4 million per year when we need wingers who can score was stupid? I did, and I was wrong! And I am glad...this kid gets better and better.....he was a monster in the finals, and this season he has been a beast on faceoffs, and an offensive force, as well as a steady defensive forward. If he ever learns to finish his chances consistently, he will be as good a two way forward as there is in this league.

Alex Goligoski-conversely, I bitched from the day in December he stopped playing and ultimately was sent down about the talent they were wasting........2 goals and 2 assists thus far, plus solid play in his end, and good puck movement.............

Craig Adams-loved the pick up off of waivers when it happened.........love it more now.....kills penalties, plays physical, takes draws, will drop the gloves when necessary.......all heart.....great pickup! Thanks Chicago!

Jay McKee-he reminds of Gill with his size, except he can skate some, he blocks shots like Scuds, and hits more than both of them........I like this pick up............

Fedotenko-goes to the net, plays tough in the corners........will get his 20 on the 2nd line this year...........

Mark Eaton-solid play, offensive contributions, blocked shots.........

Rupp-SOLID 4th line guy, who plays smart, hits and stands up for his teammates............these are the kind of guys you HAVE to have to compliment Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, and Gonchar to win championships......

It is a good sign to me that these guys are all contributing....take away the Phoenix game, and what I like best about this team has been its balance..........

No comments:

Post a Comment