Saturday, April 17, 2010

Those were the Penguins I know

Tanger and Eaton seem kinda happy with the results of their work on the GWG! Tanger buries it!
This is a summary of the unreal work Crosby put into his assist on the GWG last nite!


Last nite we saw a glimpse of the grit and desire that made last year Pens team Indestructible, and I hope we see until mid June!!


What a game at the old igloo tonight! Yes, my favorite goaltender gave up yet an another unexcusable long range goal, last night, this one less than 20 seconds into the game, and yes I thought it was going to be a long night after that. To give credit where it is due though, most players after stinking up the joint giving up garbage goals in Game One, who then come out in Game Two and give up another garbage goal 18 seconds in, would have gone to stink out the joint again..........and not to say that Fleury had to be stellar last night as the Sens only got 18 additional shots after that, but he stopped everyone of those(actually it took a lot of help from Crosby and Orpik) allowing the Pens to take the second game at home, evening the series.






I surely hope Jordan Leopold is okay, as he is one of our best defensemen, and if he is okay, we may want to thank Andy Sutton for delivering that blow. It seemed to me as if the Penguins were awakened by the physical play, and played what I think of as Penguins hockey as a result.....As far as Suttons hit, I will say this..........I dont see it as much different than Cooke's hit on Savard.........borderline with regard to the elbow, the recipient of the hit should have had their head up.....Leopold still had puck possession though.............Sutton however to me showed no inerest in Leopolds well being, nor did the rest of the Sens team as he laid out there................usually somebody from the opposing team at least ACTS concerned out of respect....File it away, and punish everything in red and white for 4 more games, then chuckle as they head out to the golf courses folks....and once the series is decide in either direction, paybacks are always welcome in my world!.............






Crosby-again, Sidney Crosby shows why the idiots who continually question his abilities should not be allowed outside by themselves. Crosby won 68% of his faceoffs, had three hits, got his fourth and fifth points in two playoff games, and made his own version of a Gordie Howe hat trick tonite. A Gordie Howe hat trick is a goal, an assist, and a fight......Crosby had a goal, assist and a game preserving save tonite. His goal crashing the net after Kunitz' shot was classic Crosby playoff action. He then made Jason Spezza look foolish as he took the puck back and forth behind the net looking for an open shot before finding Letang who made no mistake with the puck......the conditioning, intelligence, and desire shown on that play was incredible;






Defense-The Penguins defense only allowed 19 SOG tonite, and generally much better and more physical. Kris Letang scores the GWG after a tremendous effort by Crosby behind the net;






Malkin-He did not show up on the scoresheet tonite, but I thought he looked very good again tonight.............if we can keep Geno playing with intensity and intelligence, it will go a long way towards the ultimate goal in June;






Talbot-he is starting to look like the Talbot of last spring...........not sure if it makes me like him more that he he is this different of a player in the playoffs, or LESS..........the games in the regular season cost me as much to see, and they matter with regard to seeding etc.;






Ponikarovsky-just a bigger, softer equally useless version of Fedotenko still....hey, I loved this trade when it happened....we were getting a big foward with 21 goals who was going to allow the Pens to have another legitimate top six forward.......that was on paper....in practice he has been an invisible waste of ice time..........I dont know about you, but that 2nd round pick for Sutton that Ottawas spent would look a LOT better right now than Caputi and Skoula for this piece of horseshit...he is skating as part of Ottawa's second defensive pairing....Burghers are hating Sutton right now, but trust me, if that 250 lbs of nasty defensemen was leaving a trail of bodies while wearing black and gold, his jersey would be flying off the shelf! Yo, Ray, he is a UFA after this year.......with Orpik and Sutton on the blueline, opposing forwards would have to be VERY careful entering our offensive zone;
Officiating-I personally think that Bill McCreary is the biggest asshole to wear the black and white stripes in the NHL, and trust me that is not an easy accomplishment! I think he is the worst official ever, and I thought last nights game was one of the worst officiated I have seen in quite awhile...............hey the Sutton hit was grey, just like Cooke's.........so we cannot complain too much on one hand......on the other hand, the NHL was supposed to crack down HARD on hits to the head post Cooke........I will leave you to decide what you think of that.........the play on which Ruutu blatantly tripped Dupuis to take the puck at the Pens blue line in open ice, then got a scoring chance as a result is one of many non calls that leads me to hope that Bill McCreary gets a call from his daughter tonite that goes something like this: "Dad, hey this is (NAME) calling, and I am so excited! I met this great guy while on vacation in Georgia, he is so handsome! Yeah, we are going to dinner at the Capital Grille, it is a great place in a quaint little town in Milledgeville! And oh yeah, dad he is rich.....I think he said he plays quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers......I know you will love him! He is even bringing bodyguards to look out for my safety! See ya soon dad, I love you!" Does that little diddy make me less of a human? So what!
Despite not being sure if I really think Suttons hit last night was dirty, he did jack up my man Pascal Dupuis earlier in the season with a dirty hit from behind resulting in 27 stitches, so I wish I had time to get my Andy SUKSEM jersey made before the end of this series.....alas, I do not!






A personal note of enjoyment about last nites game for us in an abridged version....at the very last minute both of my daughters begged to do their friday night friend routine v going to the game.....after some resistance on my part, we allowed it, but this left us pretty late in heading to the game....too late to call friends to ask them to come and too late to eat.......so I thought, no problem I will scalp the tickets and make beer money for the next few games......well we were late enough that the scalpers were not offering face value for the tickets and I was in the "these ###$ are not going to make big money on me, I would rather eat the tickets" mode. We decided to target a father/son or mother/daughter combo on the front lawn and give them a nice surprise...as it turned out, we found two young men of High School age sitting on the lawn waiting for the start of the game.......when I asked if they would like to see the game from inside the building they were torn between "piss their pants" excitement, and "this ex con looking weirdo isnt going to make me do sick things" panic. They seemed shocked as I handed them two seats in section A, with the caveat that I would find them, and gut them like a fish if they in turn sold these seats to someone else........as it turns out these two young men arrived shortly thereafter in their seats and told us they had NEVER seen a playoff game before...this made me happy we picked them!......they thoroughly enjoyed the game, and they turned out to be great kids who attend Franklin Regional High School.........their only negative is that their names were the same as my two nephews here in Pittsburgh, who are two of the most useless dicktouchers I have ever met, but, hey they cannot control this.......Nick and Mike, I am glad you enjoyed the game tonight, and you are most welcome for all! I hope you get to see many more in your lifetime!!




Now it is time to storm into Ottawa and crush their fucking souls....as my friends from Godsmack might say, they will be Cryin like a Bitch Sunday night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment