Thursday, June 30, 2011

Free Agency




As we approach the July 1 feeding frenzy, hockey and the Penguins are in the forefront of the news again. The Jagr watch has gone into a frenzy like few others recently. I have heard everything from he is now looking at money offers that are much larger from Montreal, and others to a deal in principle is in place with the Penguins and everything in between. My instinct is that Jagr will be a Penguin, but he is an unpredictable personality. If some team with a cap floor issue throws huge money around, who knows what JJ will do, but if all offers are similar, I have to believe ending where he started with the next generation of Pens stars, and coming home as a returning hero would have a lot of allure to Jagr. We will know soon enough. I was GLAD to see the Penguins sign Arron Asham, though it seemed to be largely in reaction to the potential loss of Mike Rupp. I loved the Dupuis signing, his PK, flexibility up and down the line up, and decent secondary scoring will prove beneficial as it has in the past. I am hoping that the Penguins get TK signed at 2 years at 2M per year, and that they use the 3 center model as a result. I still hope that they sign Rupp, or at least have a similar big tough winger in mind as a replacement. Though Talbot has been a big part of the Penguins, I am at peace with the notion that it may be time to move on for Mad Max. Would be happy to see a Niskanen move for cap space and a better Dman, but I doubt I will see that. Anyway, the picture will get a little more clear in the next 24 hours! Go Pens!!


Note: Starting to tire of Jagr/Svoboda changing the rules and timeframes. RS needs to set tomorrow at noon deadline or offer withdrawn. Svoboda after two days in a row promising a decision is now talking to more teams, and needing 2 more days. To me, tomorrow by noon, or the Pens move on. This situation is starting to STINK a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment