Thursday, May 13, 2010

The glass was MORE than half empty

I told myself on the way to the game tonight not to get too mad if the Pens lost......to remember all of the great moments we have had over the past three seasons.....................and I was at peace either way............but I have to tell you, listening to the crowd, and then watching the pathetic effort the Pens put forth for roughly the first 30 minutes of the game changed my mind.....yes, I love this team, and in due time I will probably moderate my feelings a bit, BUT for right now I am seething......losing was always a possiblity in my mind, hey it is Game 7, so we have lost to this team 3 of the last 6 games we played them......and Marc Andre Fleury as predicted at the end of the season was quite capable of costing the Pens this game and this series, so that fear existed........but I was taken aback at the team coming out flat, disorganized, and at times disinterested given the situation..........so frankly, the team got what they deserved, the fans did not...........the fans were the best I have seen yet, and appeared to want this game more than the Pens did, at least for the first 26 minutes or so..........as usual the Pens third line was its best tonite, and frankly, maybe its only good line at all......the defense was putrid, the coaching was putrid, Malkin was putrid, Fleury was putrid, and calling Gonchar putrid tonight does not even come close to describing his game......the fourth goal scored by Travis Moen saw Gonchar let Moen skate by him without ANY effort at impeding him in any way...........I am not sure I have ever seen a more blatant example of a soft, gutless play in all my years of watching hockey....hey Sarge, you have been a part of many big moments as a Pen, but here is to hoping with all my heart you have now been a part of your last.....same to you Fedotenko........PonikaWHOsky, pack your bags and get out first thing tomorrow please.............the neutral zone turnovers, lack of shooting, horrendous special teams, no defensive system, the four horsemen not showing, all led to the Pens deservedly exiting in round two as predicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment