Sunday, May 2, 2010

Pens lose, Habs even series, are Pens fans bigger dicks than the fans of the cities we hate?


Wow, what a difference two days make............Friday and Saturday night the yinzers were all planning for a long break between our sweep of the Habs and the Eastern Conference Finals.......today, we got a good look at what the Caps were doing/not doing against the Habs, and also a look at the opportunistic abilities of said Canadiens......today the Pens just did not generate enough traffic in front of Halak to make a difference, and missed a couple of empty net looks in traffic.........they put 40 shots on goal, but only got one past Halak. Conversely, Montreal got three goals on only 18 shots, but more distressing to me is the fact that is not even surprising to me anymore.......Anybody who looks at any of our possible matchups in the future should we get out of this round and checks goaltending as an advantage for the Pens needs to have their head checked. Hey, it is only one game, and I truly did not believe this was going to be an easy series, but there are some disturbing trends.....the Penguins PK, once the pride of the team, is the second worse in the playoffs killing off less than 70% of its chances, and sometimes making it look easy! There is an amber alert out for the real Evgeni Malkin, who has only one secondary assist in this series, and at times just floats, and at others tries to beat 4 guys on a rush, only to turn the puck over(sound like another Russian to you too). Fedostinko should not even be allowed in the dressing room much less on the ice, and Ponikarovsky is meaningless........Finally, Fleury has been ordinary at best........today, the PP had 3 chances in the third period to tie the game, and could not get it done.....so, hey the Habs deserved the win today, and there is no cause to jump off a bridge due to the loss.....however, there are some trends I dont like, and there are some alarming similiarities between todays game, and the final three games of the Caps series..on a more positive note, I loved the play of Cooke, Kennedy and Dupuis today........Here is where the Pens need to show their coaching and leadership superiority, bounce back and take two road wins from the Habs!!


On another note, I wanted to address something that is really beginning to bother me at the Penguins games, and that is the number of useless tools, with big mouths, no class, and no brains giving our city a black eye...........I hear no shortage of poor Pens fans complaining about the rude, and sometimes physical treatment they get when the go to an opposign team's building, most notably Philadelphia, but we have read plenty of stories from places such as DC, New York, Columbus, and Boston......well I can tell you, as a fan who goes to almost every Penguins game in Pittsburgh, I cannot imagine that the fans in other towns are much worse than the tools who are beginning to populate the Mellon Arena, both inside and outside in the grass............I know it is not everybody, or even mostly everybody, but there is a growing number of fans in Pittsburgh who seem to think it is okay to be nasty, and even physically confrontational with opposing fans or fans they think are from other towns.............Listening to some idiots today in the arena, I began to think back to some of my own experiences, both in my jobbing jerseys that made me appear as an opposing fan, and without. Lets see, 2008 ECF, while walking up through the parking lots and into the first game of the ECF carrying my Fartsmell jersey, I had some 150 pound mullet headed tool attempt to grab the jersey from me, thinking I was a Flyers fan.....he tugged and tugged as I continued to walk by his tailgate, until finally shoving him ass over teakettle over the top of the table they kept their food on.....all because he thought I was a Flyers fan........I only outweighed him by 90 lbs, and he was quite nutless as he did nothing further......just a dummy.........there are numerous comments I wont bother counting up from young and old, and even small children made by people who are too dumb and blind to even read that my "opposing" jerseys are actually derogatory towards the other team......not that this should make a difference with regard to the commentary..........just noting as I hear yinzers whining, I am a yinzer who has experienced even a mild dose of the treatment given out here.....then, there is the time last year when another coward purposely knocked my then 12 year old daughter on the ground, then made a smart comment to me as he passed because we were both in "mock Flyers" jerseys.....when confronted physically in the Igloo Club moments later, this "tough" Pens fan had little to say even when shoved and choked..........I know, I did say shoved and choked, but remember, this adult male purposely shoved my 12 year old daughter to the ground because he thought she rooted for the Flyers!!??? Game 5 of the Pens-Sens series, your truly spends most of the third period in the restroom throwing up and other nice things due to what I believe to be food poisoning.........as a result my wife, two daughters and I left at the end of regulation, as I was very sick......as we walked down the sidewalk through the outside party we endured dozens of punks yelling obscenites because we left the game and they would give anything to go in.....first, if I were not blue there would have been a couple of yinzers with a couple of less teeth...........second, not my fault you cant or wont spend the money for a ticket, and anyone who thinks they should get an opinion on when a person who pays for their ticket comes or goes, should really not be allowed outside on their own..........I understand Mikey and Big Bob from the morning freak show did a diatribe on that same subject that morning.......Do we really care what a fat slug who has not seen his gherkin since he was 6 thinks? Or what his bean pole of a loser partner who probably had his lunch money stolen right on through grade 12 thinkns?? It was intimidating and confusing for the kids to get the comments they got from people wearing Pens jerseys that night, despite my ressurances that people like that only talk, none actually have the courage to do anything.........then when a group leaves today with about two minutes left, down 2, and short handed for the rest of the game to get a jump on the traffic, some tool yells out about how this group is not real fans......REALLY?? Certainly not anything to worry about, but again, I am just surprised at the low life factor that thinks they have to say whatever comes to their walnut sized minds......not that a guy like this even matters, hey, anyone can clean your toilet............My point is that we Pittsburghers like to think of our town as hard working and friendly.........and I would like to agree.......but I hate the fact that I am seeing more and more ignorant, lazy, idiots with a sense of entitlement at the games......hey, probably no more than at other cities, but my point here people is that it is also CERTAINLY NO LESS......GO PENS~

No comments:

Post a Comment