Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Whole World is upside down!!!!!!!


I had to get those last two photos out there.............really wanted to use the Crosby dumping on Pronger photo, but we did not make it to the dance.........


The Hawks swept the Sharks to advance to the Stanley Cup Finals, and the Flyers will eliminate the Canadiens in five games as I predicted to many of my Philly friends tomorrow night...........This will set up a Chicago-Philadelphia matchup in the Stanley Cup Finals......I will scream until my nards fall off rooting for the Hawks to smash the Flyers, right?! I mean the Hawks have been one of my favorite teams since I was kid.....I loved the jerseys enough that I had a Chicago Blackhawks Chelios jersey back when I was kind of normal......I had Tocchet, Lemieux, and Cheli....that is it.........I loved Steve Larmer and Dirk Graham and Eddie the Eagle, and did not even hate the Hawks when we played them in the Finals back in 1992............and christ do I hate the Flyers!!!! I hate their fans(some exceptions to follow), I hate their uniforms, I hate Dan Carcillo, Chris Pronger, Aaron AssHam, Jeff Carter, and think Mike Richards is one of the most overrated captains in the game, right???? I HATE Ray Emery and Bobby Clarke........I really sneer every time I hear the retarded Crosby sucks chant every time he touches the puck ( and ultimately assfucks the whole city in every big game), and cannot stand many of those tools that post on the blogosphere!! GO HAWKS RIGHT???!!??!?!?!?%%?^&???Uh, NO........What you say? Uh, no............Not this year..............Hey, a funny thing happened down the stretch this season, and especially during the playoff run............When the Hawks signed Marian Hosebag to a long term deal during this offseason, I told many, and even wrote that this was equal in my mind to a good friend dropping a steaming deuce in my living room......with Hosebag being the deuce, and my love of the Hawks being my living room.........you cannot LIKE a friend who shits in your living room under any circumstances!!! But, wait a second, I can't root against one man that I cannot stand v rooting against an organization that I have hated since I can remember right? WRONG!!! I know, the world is upside down for sure........But here is my logic:

Flyers fans suck......well many of them do.....but so do many Pens fans..and many fans of all teams...and some of my favorite people I have met in my business world, and whom I now consider friends, are Flyers fans(Chris, Greg, Larry, Don, Janet, George D., John B., Audra, Jeannie etc.).............these folks have not had the chance to relish the feeling that comes from capturing the best trophy in sports in a long time, and I would be happy for them to do it..very happy actually.....I know, I just wrote that.....but......

I really do hate Hossa pretty badly............

At least it is not the Red Wings............

And at least it is not the Capitals.....that would send me to the nearest bridge.........

But, and this is the hard part............and is quite temporary...............I do not hate this version of the Flyers that we are currently seeing..............Yep, just wrote that too.....this team is still full of people I have spent much of the past several seasons making fun of, on the blog, and in some cases at the arena...........and trust me when the puck drops next year, it will not take long for the hatred to build back up..............but for now, I have to tell you, I predict that the Flyers will win the Stanley Cup after dispatching the Habs tomorrow night in six games......six tough games.......and at this point, I am rooting for it.......Hey, I may hate them next year again, I am sure they will deserve it..............but for now, RESPECT what they have done to get here.........this is a team that was left for dead on many occasions this season........and needed a shootout goal on the last day of the season to sneak into the playoffs..............they then faced the second seeded Devils in the first round of the playoffs, and by the end of that series were down to about their fifth goalie of the season, they were without sniper Jeff Carter, and gutsy third liner Ian Lapiererre......they promptly fall behind the Bruins 3-0 in the next series and looked DEAD in the WATER..............this team, led by an unflappable Mike Richards then rattles off three straight wins to tie the series in Boston............then spots Boston a 3-0 lead in game 7 before roaring back to win Game 7 and make history as the third team in NHL history to come back from a 3-0 deficit in the playoffs.....during this stretch we saw Pronger deliver everything he was supposed to and then some, Richards mature into the dynamic leader he was supposed to be.....Briere play like a man who deserves a big fat contract.....Carcillo, AssHam, and Hartnell play gritty hockey without their normal rash of stupidity......the whole team is play a stifling left wing lock.....the whole team forechecks like demons.....and two "scrapheap" goalies play like franchise netminders.........The Flyers now lead Montreal 3 games to one in the ECF, shutting them out 3 times, making Michael Leighton one of the biggest stories in the playoffs.............though many think that the winner of the ECF is a sacrificial lamb to the Western Conference champion, I no longer agree.....the Flyers have been underrated based on a mediocre regular season and many injuries....now that they are healthy their forwards and the depth of their attack is as good as any, as are their defensive pairings..the Hawks may be slightly better on paper, but the Flyers have shown guts, determination and that intangible IT factor that marks championship teams...I look for the Flyers to end a 35 year drought and bring the Cup back to the City of Brotherly Love........and I am not even looking for a bridge.........WTF??

No comments:

Post a Comment