Tuesday, June 12, 2012

3 years ago tonight!

Three years ago tonight, June 12, 2009 our Pittsburgh Penguins defeated the Red Wings at the Joe to win Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, and they brought home their third Stanley Cup.  I was fortunate enough to be the host of a large party at Dave and Busters, and I got to watch the Penguins hoist the Holy Grail amongst many friends.  I remember staying there until they asked us to leave watching highlight after highlight. On the way home, I stopped at the P Bar with good friends Jon and Megan Reynolds, and Megan's dad Hoppy Mitruski for a few night caps.  High on the win, and drunk on beer, I went home and ordered EVERYTHING with a Stanley Cup Champions logo on it.  A sober man when box after box arrived, I learned never to shop drunk again!  At any rate, in honor of a great night in Penguins history, I wanted to take a walk down memory lane.  We went to every playoff game at home, and had many parties inside and outside during the away games.  The feeling of being part of this run is one I will never forget.  I hope that you enjoy it.




Some of the above are pictures from Game 7 night at Dave and Busters!

A few more!







Have to remember the mighty midget trying to attack me in my Fartsmell jersey in RD 1, messing with the Caps fans in front of us in RD 2, Geno owning the Canes in RD 3, and pulling the plug on the Detroit TV bitch during Game 6 pre-game!  Great memories!


Someone got me from across the arena before most of the fans came in.


No comments:

Post a Comment